News & Events
WI State 4-H Project Information Website: http://fyi.uwex.edu/wi4hprojects/animal-sciences/dairy/
Information is mailed out in the spring of each year to youths that need to attend one MAQA workshop due to their certification being or soon to be expired:
REMEMBER: Take along your Livestock Workshop Training Card to these sessions and get it signed by the local MAQA coordinator to show proof of attendance.
- This is a newly chartered group, with the purpose to educate youth swine producers through showing and educational clinics.
- Check out their website: northwisc.com or find them on Facebook.
- Livestock Judging – Join the Pierce County Teams! Any youth who are in grades three through thirteen who have an interest in animal agriculture and its related industries are encouraged to participate in Livestock Judging. By participating in livestock judging youth will have the opportunity to travel and visit a diversity of beef, swine, lamb and goat farming operations within Pierce County and travel throughout the state to view and judge animals from top producing herds. Youth will meet and interact with the owners and managers of these successful operations, and these contacts can help youth better understand animal agriculture and develop stronger ties with its leaders. From establishing positive relationships with the community to creating lifelong friendships youth will not want to miss out on this fun and interactive judging year. Please check back for more information regarding practice times and schedules.
- 2016 Meat Animal Project Rules and Financial Form → CLICK HERE FOR RULES
The main purpose of the Meat Animal project is EDUCATION. The main objective for each exhibitor is to learn about and experience the “real world” of raising and selling an animal.
To show at the Pierce County Fair, 4-H and FFA members must be enrolled in the beef, sheep, swine, or goat project by November 1 of the previous calendar year. They must have completed a record book for the previous year (except 1st year participants) with financial form for Auction animals.
Read the Rules above for very important information in this project.
- Animal Health Exhibition Update for 2013 – Animal Health Exhibition Update for 2013
- Cool Sheet Information: Cool Form & Information (word)
- 2013 Financial Report for record books 2013 Financial Report for Recordbooks (msword doc)
- 2013 Project Protest Request Form 2013 Pierce Livestock Project Protest Form (msword doc)
BLUE WORKSHOP CARDS can be picked up at the UW Extension Office or at the workshops. One will be mailed to you later on if you are enrolled in the project.
Please see the “Scholarships/Awards” Page