Camp Kinnissippewa 4-H Summer Camp at Kiwanis Scout Camp
Enjoy an outdoor adventure at the 4-H Base Camps. 4-H members will enjoy fellowship with new friends from Western Wisconsin while under the care of high school aged 4-H youth leaders who have been screened and trained. Campers will also have fun participating in teamwork activities with the staff of volunteers, summer interns, nurses and UW‑Extension 4-H Agents. For more information on the Camp Kiwanis facility, the website address is http://www.nothernstarbsa.org.
Camp Information – Grades based on the 2016-2017 school year grade you are coming out of
- Camp is June 14-16, 2017
- Cost is $100 per camper (true cost is $120, of which $20 is covered by the Pierce County 4-H Adult Advisors). This is due to the UW Extension Office within two weeks of online registration.
- 4-H Camp Transportation and Hours:Campers will need to arrive at camp by 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 14th and will depart at 1:00 p.m. on Friday, June 16th. Camp is located north of Stillwater, MN on Highway 95, the phone number is (651) 433-2801. Pick up/drop off locations are Ellsworth Courthouse, Somerset Exit #4 and Durand and are chosen when you register.
4-H Explorers Base Camp – Open to campers in 3rd & 4th grades
4-H Base Camp 1 features:
- Arts & Crafts
- Nature Activities
- Music, Drama
- Interactive Games
- Swimming & Campfires
- Archery & Air Rifle
- Cabin Time to Make New Friends
- Lots of fun!
4-H Navigators Base Camp – Open to campers in 5th & 6th grades
4-H Base Camp 2 features:
- Teambuilding Games
- Climbing Wall & Obstacle Course
- Variety of Team Sports
- Canoe Trip & Night Swim
- Archery & Air Rifle
- Special Campfires
- Extra Social Time to Meet New Friends
- Unique Leadership Activities!
4-H Outpost Adventurers Camp – Open to campers in 7th & 8th grades
Enjoy a ‘real’ camping adventure with the opportunity to experience nature and learn new skills related to the outdoors! There is plenty of time to engage in fellowship with teens from Western Wisconsin. Campers will also have fun participating in teamwork activities with the staff of volunteers, summer interns, nurses and UW‑Extension 4-H Agents. This will include overnights at William O’Brien State Park
4-H Outpost Adventure features:
- Canoe Trip Down St. Croix River
- Swimming at William O’Brien State Park
- Hiking & Hands on Learning
- Special Emphasis on Nature
- Leadership Building Experience
- Two Nights in a Tent
- Water Quality & Weather Science
- Teamwork Games & Social Time
- Outdoor Campfire Cooking!
How to register for Camp Kinnissippewa
- Login to your https://wi.4hOnline.com account
- Forgot your username? Call the UWEX Office, 715-273-6781
- Forgot your password? You reset it right from the login page – but you MUST know your username and have access to your email
- Go to your “My Member List”
- Scroll down the page
- Under “Register A Member In An Event”, select your child’s name from the dropdown box under “Member”, then select “4-H Camp Kinnissippewa”
- Under “Registration Types”, look to the right side and click on “Register”
- Fill out the form and continue through screens to register
- Please note – payment cannot be made online – you must submit the $100 registration fee (if by deadline or $110 after deadline) to the Pierce County UW-Extension Office within two weeks of online registration to confirm your child’s spot. CAMP FILLS UP. Last year we had a waiting list so be sure to get signed up soon for camp.
- Checks can be made payable to “Pierce County 4-H Adult Advisors” and mailed to:
Pierce County UW-Extension Office
412 West Kinne Street
PO Box 69
Ellsworth, WI 54011
Camp Counselor Application: 2017 Camp Counselor Application If you’re interested in joining this great youth leadership experience, please fill out the Camp K Counselor Application and return to the UW Extension Office as soon as possible. You can email the form to email@example.com, drop it off Monday – Friday between 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, or mail it to 412 W Kinne St, PO Box 69, Ellsworth, WI 54011.
See you around the campfire!